Thursday, March 1, 2007

Who's Queenie?

Queenie is me (Meg Blocker)!

I've never been terribly good at the whole internet alias/handle thing, so when I decided to start my own foodblog in early 2007, I went with the nickname my mother gave me when I was little (and has been using ever since).

Queenie Takes Manhattan is dedicated to exploring all aspects of the food world: dining (fine and not-so-fine), cooking and recipe writing, sourcing ingredients, entertaining, great tabletop & kitchen design, and travel.

I've lived in Manhattan since graduating from Bryn Mawr (with a degree in Religious Studies) in 2001, so my writing tends to focus on New York's food scene, but I like to think I travel as much or more than the average bear. Since Queenie kicked off, we've visited London, Paris, India, Manchester, Edinburgh, Napa, Ohio, Sonoma & San Francisco, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Chicago, Maine, and Austin together.

So sit back, click away, and enjoy - and please feel free to get in touch if there's something you'd like to see me blog. I'm always up for an adventure.

Fondly,
Meg, a.k.a Queenie

P.S. - Follow me on Twitter, where I tweet food, technology and life as @queenie_nyc.

P.P.S. - Want to send me an email? I can be reached at megblocker at gmail dot com.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg, I'm very new to Blogspot and blogging in general, how did you get your Foodbuzz ad? I signed up for AdSense but your ad is so cool! And I love your site, I'll have to mention it in my blog. Maybe when I get more food stuff on mine you'll mention me here in Chicago. Although my taste runs more pedestrian it is authentically midwestern/southern!
Cheers, Amanda

Meg Blocker said...

Hey, Amanda! The foodbuzz ad is part of their featured publisher program...check it out!

http://www.foodbuzz.com/pages/join-featured-publisher-program

Anonymous said...

Megan, your blog is scrumptious! (Forgive me, perhaps that's an old-fashioned word, but at least it is not as old as a word that Katerina la Vermintz would use . . .)

Love the design parts. :)

Karen

Meg Blocker said...

Thanks, Karen! :-)

larin said...

Have you been to New Zealand yet? I still have wonderful memories, especially concerning the food.

My son, in high school at the time, delighted in breakfast, the eggs, bread, jams and rashers of bacon.
"Mom, the food here tastes like something."

I am so pleased I got here to your blog via The Apartment and will return often, as my daughter and I are planning a trip to New York this fall.

larin said...

Have you been to New Zealand yet? I still have wonderful memories, especially concerning the food.

My son, in high school at the time, delighted in breakfast, the eggs, bread, jams and rashers of bacon.
"Mom, the food here tastes like something."

I am so pleased I got here to your blog via The Apartment and will return often, as my daughter and I are planning a trip to New York this fall.

Meg Blocker said...

@larin: Hey, there! Welcome to Queenie - I'm so glad you're finding it useful! Fall is a fantastic time to visit the city...please drop me an email (or leave a comment) if you have any questions at all about anything - restaurants, museums, public transportation, you name it.

Meg Blocker said...

@larin: No, haven't made it to NZ yet! Was planning to be there right about now, actually, but the timing didn't work out. Hopefully 2010!

Megalie said...

hey meg - i just wanted to let you know that i stumbled across your blog and everything on it looks delicious! i never thought i'd want to go to milford, pa but after checking out hotel fauchere... i may have changed my mind!

keep up the good work - and i hope to run into you in the small world of food blogging.

Zote63 said...

I've been enjoying your blog and your tweets over at twitter. I've started a food blog which you can see at http://bobfood.us Good luck with everything...

BD

laura said...

hi meg,

i of course love your blog. i wanted to ask you something offline but cannot find an email address. if you don't mind emailing at cherry at cherrypatter.com that would be super! thanks so much.

laura

bridget said...

Just a quick note to tell you how much I LOVE your blog! I remember seeing pics of your apartment on AT and just the other day I found your site from a link on Tiny Ass Apartments. Your home is cozy and beautiful! I was thinking of moving to a big, expensive city and was so discouraged that the only apartments I could find were tiny. After viewing your home I'm more excited than ever!

I stayed up all night reading your posts...when I should have been studying! Your joie de vivre is infectious! Thank you for adding such a bright spot to the world!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin