Sunday, October 26, 2008


When I have people over for dinner, there's inevitably a hunk of cake or pie left over. I try my darndest to foist it off on people, knowing that I will otherwise attack it maniacally later that night in between rounds of dishwashing. The problem, of course, is that this is Manhattan, and there's just no easy way to take a piece of cake home without balancing it precariously for the length of a subway or cab ride.

No longer! My friend Amanda just started a blog about crafting, design and baking (a bit of everything, really), and one of the projects she's shared are pie-slice shaped carryout boxes. The template is available online through Martha Stewart Living, and seems like a great way to distribute all those pesky leftover slices of pie and cake.I will hitting Kate's Paperie shortly to buy some supplies...thanks, Amanda!


Louisa Edwards said...

Those are adorable! Do you keep Kate's Paperie in business, or what?

Meg Blocker said...

Er, pretty much, though I did just buy my holiday wrapping paper at Ikea. I feel like a traitor!

Anonymous said...

But what if you want to carry out more than one slice?
-Anonymous cake-eating fiend.

Meg Blocker said...

Well, that's what the shopping bags in my closet are for!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin