Monday, March 15, 2010

Membership has its privileges.


Remember my glorious New York Sunday a few weeks ago? Well, I completely forgot to post about the wonder that is the Cooper-Hewitt, the National Design Museum (It's part of the Smithsonian.). I first fell in love with the Cooper-Hewitt a couple of years ago during one of my annual staycations, and have been going back regularly ever since. It's an easy walk from my apartment, and is a wonderful place to spend a few hours. (It will be even more wonderful once its renovations are complete and I can lounge in the back garden of the Carnegie Mansion on gorgeous days.)

On my most recent visit, I gave in to fate and signed up for a membership. This means I get to go whenever I want, get discounts on the awesomeness that is their museum shop, and attend members' functions with like-minded, design-obsessed folks. I couldn't be happier.

Moral of the story: the next time you're on Museum Mile, save an hour or two for the Cooper-Hewitt, wouldja? You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin