Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gift Guide Number Two: Boozy, wintry picnic.

Does anything say "wintry coziness" better than a boozy, chocolate-filled picnic? The answer, my friends, is no. No, nothing does.

When I was thinking about gift guides for this year, it occurred to me that one of my very favorite things to do in winter is enjoy a chilly-as-you-can-stand outdoor meal, one spiked by bourbon, powered by vintage plaid and fueled by chocolate and cheese. You might want to bring a baguette along as well, but, let's face it - you need to buy that locally.

And don't forget to fill the thermos with the best homemade hot chocolate in the world. You won't regret it.

Without further ado, I present part two of 2011's giftiness, complete with blanket, booze and, well, cheese.

Clockwise from top left: Vintage wool blanket ($50), Churchill flask ($25), Vintage thermos ($12), Vosges caramel marshmallows ($27), Tuthilltown's Baby Bourbon whiskey ($50), Pierre Roger cheese ($30).

1 comment:

TKTC said...

YES. This is the problem I constantly run into. "One for me, one for you" syndrome. The only cure is a friend with very similar taste and motivation. I'm sending this to Molly and keeping my fingers crossed.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin