Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Under construction.

This weekend, I'll be building a gingerbread house! I'll be joined by my friends Caroline and Ellie, and it's going to be a blast, no doubt. Caroline and I used to do these every Christmas, back when we were growing up a block apart in our picture-perfect (especially at the holidays) little Connecticut town.

I'm thinking about doing a pink-and-white house this year, since I have some lovely, sparkly sanding sugars in those very colors. A final decision will be made once I peruse the candy on offer at Duane Reade and Dean & Deluca, but I've already got a copy of my template ready to go! I still work off of the version Caroline's mom Charlotte made 25-ish years ago, and have finally scanned it in for posterity.

Which, of course, means that if you wish to join us, you can check out the template (plus recipes for the cookie and icing/glue) right over here! Just print the images (size large) out on 8.5 x 11 inch paper, and you'll be good to go.

1 comment:

Caroline Wolter Starke said...

I can't wait! Gingerbread houses always bring back the warm fuzzies of childhood, and who can resist all that candy. My mission for this year: find the perfect balance between masses of candy and the structural integrity of the house. To maintain this, I may keep the house simple and focus on decorating the yard. We shall see!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin