Saturday, June 23, 2012

Queenie's Treasury

Happy summer, everyone! (Well, everyone in the Northern Hemisphere. Happy winter to my readers from down under!) The season kicked off with a bang here in the Northeast, with a three-day heat wave of epic, brownout-inducing proportions. Things have cooled off a bit, thanks to a classic summer thunderstorm, and I'm headed out to the country today for what promises to be an epic birthday party, complete with a pool and a pig roast. I know.

In the meantime, let's look at some pretty!

'Tis the season for icy cold cocktails served in warm weather, which of course means we need to prepare for loads of condensation. Enter these gorgeous linen coasters from Linea Carta, which are not only festive (Cheers!), but also a perfect combination of coaster and cocktail napkin. I wouldn't want to use them on a precious wood surface, but they're ideal for a glass, lucite or otherwise more durable spot. And so cute!

Next up, something I'm a bit late in posting. No delay, however, could dim the excitedment I'm feeling about the New York Times' summer drinks generator. Just pick your ingredients and see what recipes it spits out at you - or, if you're brave, there's always the "Randomize" button. Maybe I should break it out at the party to come up some exciting combinations from the bar. Does Campari pair well with spit-roasted pork? I'll report back!

Last, but certainly not least, look at these awesome neon-spiked wooden bowls! I cannot get enough of the pieces from Wind & Willow Home. I already have plans for the paint-dipped wooden spoons, and I know a few people worthy of a salad bowl or two. And the little treasure pots! So cute! I can't get enough.


2 comments:

renee said...

My husband and I have decided that Saturday's are now Make-A-Cocktail days. I'm bookmarking the NYT and the coasters!
And while I'm at it, probably the bowls. I recently made my own painted wooden spoons, pretty easy to DIY.

Araya @ Wind and Willow Home said...

Yay, thanks for featuring my bowls. You have a fun blog. Glad I found it.
Araya
Wind & Willow Home

Blog Widget by LinkWithin