Sunday, May 11, 2008

Danger, Meg Blocker, danger!

OK. So, it's rare that I post about something I don't like - but I can't help it. I am so peeved right now.

Yesterday, I went to Williams-Sonoma to buy a pair of dishwashing gloves. For the last year, I've used a pair of hot-pink Playtex gloves, but I poked a hole in the right thumb last week while washing a knife, so I needed some new ones.

Seduced by the easter-egg colors, the snug fit, and the seemingly slip-proof coating, I spent $12.00, about $5.00 more than I paid for the Playtex version.

Imagine my shock, then, when I put them on just now to wash some glasses. They were so slippery that I immediately dropped and broke a highball. So now I'm off to the drugstore to buy a second set of Playtex gloves. Hopefully they have the hot pink in stock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh!! That just sucks. Have you tried the Casabella gloves? Those are my very favorites. I almost get a tear in my eye when I poke a hole in them.

Meg Blocker said...

Are those the ones that turn up at the cuffs? They ARE cool!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin