Sunday, July 29, 2012

Queenie's Treasury

Happy Sunday, readers! A you've probably guessed, my Saturday was a busy one (errands, hair, new glasses, a movie), and so our Treasury is a bit late this week. I've been having one of my summertime vacation home fantasies of late, and so this week's treasury is all about places I'd love to live. (Screw visiting; I'm putting down imaginary roots.)

First up, this gorgeous landscape architecture by Perry Guillot is pure seaside perfection. I can see myself pouring gimlets as I look out over this view, or running through the grasses down to the sandy beach to go clamming, my pants rolled up, bucket in hand. Sigh.

Next, this incredible house, designed by architect Tonkin Liu, sits atop an old building in South London. Can you imagine what it's like to live in a space flooded with light and views like this one? Or to have constant access to so much greenery in the middle of one of the largest, most bustling cities on earth? I sure can. And I like it.

Finally, the stunning Hotel Iturregi, set in Spain's Basque Country, courtesy of the blog So Haute. I want to stroll in that garden, take a dip in that pool, and then top off my day with a cocktail on that terrace. (I'd manage to squeeze some quality reading time in, too, no doubt.) Would it be wrong to start an online charity drive to sponsor the trip? Yes? Oh, well.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin