Thursday, July 12, 2012

Welcome to Maine!

Well, folks, I'm back. Sigh. I mean, New York is awesome. (Really.) But Maine was so freaking relaxing and sunny and warm and lobster and...yeah. So, I'm back, but don't expect me to be happy about it.

This, right here? This is the dock at the house we rented for the week. You can't see it, but the ramp leads down to a float, which was tailor-made for sunning oneself, reading and drinking cocktails. And thanks to the inhumane heat hovering over half the country last week, temperatures passed 80 almost every day - remarkably warm for Maine in early July.

Right? Perfection.

There are lots of mollusks and the like in Maine. This is just one little patch of beach.

Gimlet in a rental house wine glass, anyone? (Everyone. I copied out the recipe and left it on the bar with some gin, lime juice and simple syrup.)

Moonlight, which lit up our little cove as bright as day. So sparkly.

Can I go back now? No? Well, in that case, steel yourselves for a Maine-related posting spree like you've never seen before. We're going to see some serious lobster rolls, clambakes, ice cream, charcuterie (Yes, charcuterie!)...it's going to be epic. My stomach is still recovering.

(Who am I kidding? I've been training for this all my life.)




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin