Saturday, April 28, 2012

Queenie's Treasury

Happy weekend, my lovelies! It's been a busy week chez Queenie, topped off by this morning's rather chilly visit to the Greenmarket. I snagged asparagus, ramps, garlic scapes, lilacs and peonies, though, so it was well worth the frozen fingers and runny nose. As I warm up with a pot of Stumptown, let's take a look at this week's Treasury.

First up, one of my very favorite blogs. Little Green Notebook is the work of interior designer (and DIY goddess) Jenny Komenda. She has a marvelous eye, effortless style, and the Ikea hacking skills of a master. Everything she touches turns to gold - often literally, with the help of a little gilt spray paint. Her reupholstery projects are among my favorites, and the tufted headboard she made for Jo Goddard is stunning. Jenny, you're my home makeover heroine.

Next up, Rifle Paper Co.'s most excellent spring collection. If the lilacs and peonies at the market haven't gotten you in the mood, their new floral notebooks certainly will. I've become something of a digital note-taker of late (I'm obsessed with the TeuxDeux app, for example), these make me want to return to my analog ways and start jotting ideas down in tiny little journals.

Finally, something I never thought I'd type: look at these adorable sugar cubes! Well, not cubes, really - shapes. Chambre de Sucre will help you have the best tea/champagne cocktail party ever. Just hang one of these angel wings off the edge of each teacup or flute, and your work is done. Or you can go dainty with the tiniest, most perfect cubes you've ever seen. No matter what, you'll never think of sugar as boring ever again. (Photo via The SoHo.)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin