Saturday, May 26, 2007

Everything tastes better pickled.

I love pickles - refrigerator pickles, half-sours, cornichons, pickled peppers, pickled onions - you stick it in a brine, I'll eat it.

You know the pickled beets I put on my salad tonight? They are super-good - lemony with just a hint of rosemary, they're tart, tender and fabulous. They're pickled by Rick's Picks, a New York-based shop opened in 2004 on the Lower East Side. I mainly buy mine at the Union Square Greenmarket, where they have a stand, but the pickles (which include green beans and curry-flavored tomatoes - I have the latter in my fridge right now, and they're awesome in potato salad and on burgers) are also available by mail-order.

So, really - you need to get them NOW. Go on, you know you want to.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin