Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yay, Lorna!

About three years ago, while I was writing my first eGullet foodblog, I started exchanging emails with a fellow eGullet member named Lorna. She and I had become friendly during an extensive and obsessive period of eGulleting, and she wanted some advice: should she meet up with another eGulleter, a guy named Henry, who'd asked her to dinner?

I think I told her that I found the whole thing a bit sketchy.

It's a good thing she didn't listen to me: Lorna and Henry are now married and living in Seattle, where they've bought a house (Henry's an architect and has some pretty amazing plans for the place) and Lorna has begun penning a column for Seattle magazine.

Even more exciting? She's also working on her first cookbook. You can follow along as she writes and tests recipes, because she's recording the whole experience via her gorgeously-photographed blog, The Cookbook Chronicles. You'll want to pay special attention to the desserts - Lorna's got a renowned sweet tooth, and she knows how to treat it right.

Photo courtesy of The Cookbook Chronicles.

3 comments:

Robin Wendell said...

O boy, a Seattle based Foodie to follow. Thanks.

Also a big thanks for the beautiful Macaron pictures in your march 16th post. When were in Paris last year my husband would ration them out to me - 4 a day. Little did he know that I hid them all over the hotel room. In my makeup kit in the bathroom, in the emergency med bag in my carry-on and in the back of the communal kitchen fridge. No one can part a girl from her macarons for long.

Henry said...

"Sketchy!" You could have prevented me from meeting my future wife! I think you owe me a cocktail at Pegu for that.

Meg Blocker said...

I know! I totally do - you are 100% right. When are you guys gracing NYC with your illustrious presence?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin