Friday, March 20, 2009

Yes, yes, yessss!!!

Just a quick post to share the very exciting news (via Grub Street): Chocolate Bar, the fantastic, down-to-earth chocolatier, is re-opening in April. Their new digs will be in the West Village, not far from the old shop on Jane Street (which shuttered in 2008).

I visited Chocolate Bar during my very first eGullet foodblog back in 2006, and I have a very soft spot for their hot chocolate and their ridiculously addictive salty pretzel bars. Not like I couldn't visit them at Bendel's or online this whole time - but, still, this is exciting!

A reminder of why Chocolate Bar is just so freakin' good...

Yup. That's why.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Wow! nice chocolate, it looks very similar to the shop where i work here in Portland! I found your blog from eGullet, and am moving to New York in the fall, so I was curious. It's lovely! I'll read it and anticipate all the yummy things that there will be in New York !

Meg Blocker said...

Hey, Morello!

First of all - congrats on the move to NYC! What brings you here? Work, school, love?

Second, so glad you're enjoying the blog, and eG. Let me know what neighborhood you're headed for, and I'll try to give you the low-down...

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin