Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Topping off.

After a crazy fun night with my brother and sister-in-law (which included drinks at the Boat Basin and pizza at Big Nick's), I decided a gelato from GROM would be in order.

I posted about GROM back when it first opened in 2007, and things haven't changed much there. The gelato is still pretty darn good, the spoons are still really cool-looking - though the lines are, thankfully, a lot shorter.

This time around, I ordered the crema di Grom flavor, an eggy, creamy masterpiece, and topped it with cream whipped almost to the point of turning to butter. The three of us shared the tiny cup, passing it up and down the line till every last, rich drop was gone. Then, I got on the 79th Street crosstown bus and fell asleep.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

On Monday, we returned to Big Nick's to try the burgers (well, a burger and falafel). I had the Bistro Burger - gruyere cheese, caramelized onions, and mushrooms served on thick challah slices. It was delicious. I am duly impressed and will be returning often.

And then, of course, we hit up Grom from one of their chocolate flavors. So rich that one was enough for the two of us.

Mmmmmm.

Meg Blocker said...

Oh, NICE. I can't believe I'd never taken you to Big Nick's before - it's right up your alley! I ate there once a week when I first moved to the city in 2001.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin