Saturday, July 9, 2011

Queenie's Treasury

Happy weekend, everyone! I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited for two sunny days of non-working time. Today I'm planning a bit of cleaning, some laundry, a Greenmarket trip and some serious summertime "cooking" (Read: arranging of fruit and vegetables for eating.). Tomorrow it's brunch with Miya and possibly some reading time in the park. And maybe some ice cream. Okay, definitely some ice cream.

In the meantime, let's check out this week's Treasury!

Anyone who's spent any time with me in the last year knows how obsessed I am with stripes. As a matter of fact, I'm wearing stripes right now. And so I absolutely love these stripey canvas totes from Rib & Hull, especially the red one. So sporty, so summery, and so freaking adorable.

Next, a brilliant storage idea from Wit & Whistle, via The Style Files. All you do is paint the lid of your Mason jars with chalkboard paint, and, voila, you can label and re-label them to your heart's delight. I'm going to fetch a sample as soon as possible. No more confusing the espresso beans with the coffee beans for me! (Like I'd ever have something as singularly healthy as acai berry in my kitchen.)

Last but not least, I am currently lusting after this Austrian home. The modern renovation of the antique space is just jaw-dropping. I'm especially fond of the bathroom (I love textiles in a bathroom.) and the kitchen, with its graphic contrast of black and white.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin