Saturday, July 23, 2011

Queenie's Treasury

Hello, readers! As you've no doubt heard (or felt), it's really freaking hot across most of the US today. I'm spending as much of my time today as possible inside where it's air conditioned, which provides the perfect opportunity to draft a Treasury post. Enjoy, no matter what the weather where you are!

First up, some fabulous posters. A few weeks ago, I was shopping for a Mountain Goats concert poster for my brother's birthday gift. I found what I was looking for and more at Poster Cabaret, an Austin-based poster shop that carries a wide variety of stock. I'm especially fond of these posters by Valhalla Studios. I'm seriously pondering a Camera Obscura poster purchase. That lemony color suits their summery music perfectly.

Next up, a fabulous Sneak Peek from Design*Sponge, this time of an apartment belonging to two of You+ME*'s event planning clients. Their wedding (which was featured in the most recent issue of Rue) was gorgeous, so it's no surprise that their apartment is, too. I love their built-ins, their dining area, and this perfect art wall. Just lovely.

I find the Australian food and photography blog What Katie Ate endlessly inspiring. Her cooking is the kind I like - unpretentious yet unabashedly delicious and exorbitant, and her photos are stunning. It fills a bit of the hole left behind by Gourmet's absence. Just a little.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin