Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pig and pool.

Way back when, back before we went to Maine, back before the Olympics, my friend Jeremy (and his friend Chris) threw himself a 30th birthday party. This wasn't just any birthday party, though - this one featured two whole roast pigs. And a pool. And rose in Solo cups.

I know.

Chris and Jeremy hired Redbones, a Somerville, Massachusetts-based barbecue joint, to come cook overnight so that the rest of us could enjoy pig come the morning. A pretty excellent idea paired with a pretty kickass execution. After all, who doesn't love barbecue? (Answer? Vegetarians. Luckily, there were some top-notch sides, too. I ate my weight in coleslaw and cornbread.)

And watermelon.

 The party was held at Chris' parents' place in Lewisboro, a teeny little hamlet just north of New Canaan. The house was lovely, and the lawn and garden were just stunning. Best of all? There was a pool! After lunch, I headed down that way to cool down...

And to enjoy some serious amounts of rose.

I was not alone.

And, for dessert, a final pig. This one was veggie-friendly, though.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Redbones has some of the most amazing BBQ. Your recent entries about you trip to Maine makes me realize how much I enjoyed and now miss not living in New England anymore :-(

Love your posts Meg. Keep 'em coming!

Meg Blocker said...

Aw, thanks, Rodrick! Summer in New England really can't be beat, can it? A little piece of my heart will always live there, I think.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin