Saturday, August 4, 2012

Queenie's Treasury

Happy weekend, my doves! Saturday has dawned bright, sunny and incredibly humid here in Manhattan. I'll be spending my day avoiding direct sunlight, reading, and drinking as much iced coffee as possible. In the meantime, here are a few bits and bobs to fill the hours before sundown.

First up - despite my current horror of turning on my oven - is a gorgeous new cookbook from Ashley English, baker and Design*Sponge contributor extraordinaire. A Year of Pies features recipes for pies and tarts both sweet and savory, organized by season and accompanied by lovely photographs. Not a bad add-on to an off-the-registry tart pan or rolling pin gift, right?

Next, courtesy of Food52, a truly lovely food blog. Food on Paper is a collection of artist Elizabeth Graeber's original drawings and paintings, all featuring - you guessed it - food! Her recent watercolor of a soft serve cone with sprinkles is really hitting the spot for me today.

Despite the heat and humidity, I haven't been able to stop daydreaming about my fall wardrobe. I wear dresses an awful lot, in part because they're easy and in part because they just work for me. I'm a little bit in love with this richly textured number from Boden, which will be wonderful in the early autumn with pointy-toed flats, and just as great through the winter with tights and boots. But it's not quite time for that, is it?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin