Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's in your fridge?

Back when eGullet used to host their weekly food blog (I contributed twice, in 2006 and 2007), one of the traditions was for the week's featured blogger to invite us into their refrigerator. And if the blogger didn't comply within the first day or so, people practically revolted!

I might be exaggerating just a tad, but people's appetite for that glimpse into the fridge never failed to amaze me. So, since my fridge is chockablock full of late-spring goodies right now, I thought it might be time to give you all a little tour...

On the top shelf, we've got my Brita, some cranberry juice (for visitors who like a vodka cran, or a cosmo), my current jar of pickled ramps, a jar of Rick's Picks, a tub of Fage yogurt, Diet Coke (it fuels me), leftover Vietnamese food, Sriracha, some cold chicken (in the tinfoil) and this week's salad dressing (in the bowl.).

On the middle shelf, there's tonic water (diet and regular), some Magic Hat brought over by a book club member on Thursday, lemons & limes, some more Vietnamese leftovers (and slab bacon perched on top), and a line-up of jars holding strawberry-rhubarb compote and more pickled ramps.

On the bottom shelf, there are some strawberries (not local - a freebie from FreshDirect), romaine lettuce, rhubarb, spring garlic, and eggs! In the drawer we've got onions, snap peas, cucumbers, shallots, scallions...and I think that's it. The door is an assortment of various condiments, pickles, vinegars and oils (they stay fresh longer in the fridge) and cheese. Oh, and garlic!

So, what's in your fridge?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I adore refrigerator snooping! This refrigerator's stock looks very appetizing to me!

Meg Blocker said...

@Rebecca: It IS fun, isn't it? It also made me realize how much food I have on hand right now. So many possibilities!

E.F. Slattery said...

I am not ashamed to say it: I miss the eG foodblogs with the kind of pang usually reserved for great ex-boyfriends and passed-on pets. :(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin