Monday, May 18, 2009

Getting ready.

My regular readers know that I am growing more and more impatient for the arrival of summer's bounty to the Greenmarket. I'm craving berries and tomatoes and corn and peaches - and I can almost taste the strawberries, which are bound to show up any day now.

In preparation, I've been reading through last summer's issues of Gourmet. It hasn't helped allay my cravings - but it has reminded me of a couple of recipes I wanted to make last year and never got around to tackling. Among them are the Aussie burger, tomato and honeydew salad, grilled watermelon and tomato salad, and cheesecake with minted blackberries.

I also found a dessert I made last year that I want to make again this summer: mascarpone-filled cake with sherried berries. Oh yes. Come to Mama.

Photo of the mouthwatering cake is courtesy of Gourmet.com.

6 comments:

Louisa Edwards said...

Whatever you do, don't waste any raspberries on the Rhubarb Raspberry Pie from Gourmet.com! It was atrocious.

Meg Blocker said...

I saw your post - gross!!!

Anonymous said...

Make sure to tweet when the cake is ready and I will rush right over. And by "tweet" I mean a private message to me personally so that I can be the only one to eat the cake.

Meg Blocker said...

@Anonymous (who is, again, my little brother): I'll be sure to do so, no doubt. Like I'd ever make a cake and not invite you over!

mother of twinks said...

don't forget about shortstack!

Meg Blocker said...

@shortstack: Shortstack, INDEED!

http://tinyurl.com/shortstackberry

Blog Widget by LinkWithin