Saturday, October 31, 2009

Queenie's Treasury

It's a dreary, gloomy Saturday here in New York - probably appropriate for Halloween, yes? - and I'm getting ready to head out to the Greenmarket. In the meantime, here are some fun links to see you through that sugar hangover.

Kate Spade has chosen Brooklyn-based artist Bella Foster to design the images for their 2010 monthly planner, and has posted the watercolors she created for the project on their Facebook page. I don't use a hard copy diary anymore (Thank you, Blackberry!), but I do love these. I may have to make some sort of desktop collage for my laptop...

Frau Haselmeyer, one of my favorite bloggers, posted these gorgeous cupcake and muffin cups from Bake It Pretty. These would turn any muffin into a festive gift, and have me thinking about all kinds of holiday presents - never mind what these awesome star-shaped mini-loaf pans could do for my pumpkin bread!

Finally, from Etsy, that pantheon of good ideas and gorgeous things, come Yeehaw's farmers' market prints. I love, love, love these. If I had any available wall space, I'd buy and frame them RIGHT now. There's a cabbage, an onion, a bell pepper and an ear of corn. I may have to give into temptation and buy the artichoke-decorated notecards.

2 comments:

Eddie Howard said...

Those farmers' market prints look great. Fortunately, I do have some empty room on my walls, and just might have to fill it up with some of these. FYI, Kitchen Arts & Letters on 91st and Lex also has some nice farmers' market posters and postcards.

Meg Blocker said...

Oh, excellent! I'll have to check that out - after all, those who can't hang, give! And Christmas is coming...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin