Saturday, May 22, 2010

Queenie's Treasury

Happy weekend, kiddos! I'm back from California and ready to enjoy a New York summer. I know, I know - I'm jumping the gun a bit there, but it's so gorgeous right now that I can't help but think of barbecues and lazy afternoons in the park. Sigh. In the meantime, how about some seriously cool treasury picks?

First up, this Catskills home from the New York Times. I'm not in love with all of it, but I'll be damned if this great room isn't a thing of beauty. The owner has dealt with knotty pine in the only acceptable manner: paint that stuff white. And the results are spectacular.

Next, a seriously amazing shop full of more painted wood - this time, though, we're talking gilt paint, and I'm in love (with a store named cabin 7). I'm trying really, really hard to be a good girl and not buy any more, well, stuff - but these MERCI alphabet blocks are calling my name. You can hear it too, right?
Finally, via the sharply witty and full-of-perfect-taste blog Design Blahg, we have custom Sigg bottles. You choose a design and add your custom text, they put it on a bottle, and you give one of the coolest gifts ever. I'm currently pondering what my bottle will say. Any ideas?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin