Wednesday, September 22, 2010

To the fullest.

Sometimes I feel that, living as I do in the most exciting city on the planet, I don't take anywhere near enough advantage of its riches. Not even close.

Well, the last three days of my life have put paid to that notion. I've seen a fabulous new (and cheap) play at Ars Nova, eaten an amazing breakfast at Prune and brunch at Marlow & Sons, explored Greenpoint, and partaken of three cultural events the likes of which my adolescent, New York-obsessed self never would have dreamed.

Sunday brought a screening of an original print of Pretty In Pink - and a question and answer session with Ms. Molly Ringwald herself.

Monday night was dinner at Shake Shack and an evening of Margaret Atwood, who's been one of my political and literary idols since I read The Handmaid's Tale at the age of 15.

On Tuesday? A trip to the design blogger audience taping of The Nate Berkus Show, which was an entirely zany, over-the-top experience in its own right. (Clickety to see Design Blahg's take on how the day missed the mark in terms of its focus on the design blog world.)

Mission Do-More-In-The City? Accomplished.

Details on the food? Coming soon.

3 comments:

Design Blahg said...

You have been busy! So sad I missed that Pretty in Pink event!

Meg Blocker said...

Right? I'm going to another talk at the 92nd Street Y on Monday, a play at the Atlantic on Friday, and to dinner in Brooklyn on Saturday. And then it's my birthday next week. Utter craziness.

The PIP event was effing awesome. I really enjoyed the Lincoln Center Film experience, and it costs the same as any other movie theatre. I'll be back, for sure.

suzilightning said...

how did you like dena blizzard, the warm up person for nate berkus' show? she has a website, one funny mother, and has been doing radio here in nj this summer as a fill in.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin