Saturday, June 11, 2011

Queenie's Treasury

Happy weekend, my lovelies! It's been a busy week in these parts - work and movies and work and...well, that's pretty much it. But a lot of both. It's a bit gloomy here in New York today, so here's a bit of cheery Treasury goodness to help brighten things up.

Lonny blogged about Samantha French's paintings this week, and I am completely obsessed. I especially love her depictions of swimmers. She captures the fractured quality of light streaming through water, and the effect is one of cool, calm, wistful summeriness. (Not really a word, but you know what I mean, don't you? See?) She has an Etsy print store, too!

Herriott Grace creates unique, beautiful goods from all different kinds of wood, and are probably most well-known for their stunning cake pedestals. While those creations can run to more than $300, their kitchen towels are just as lovely, and in much closer financial reach. I think my kitchen might like a little treat, and these seem like the perfect thing to layer under a cooling summer fruit pie.

Last, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to direct your attention to this fabulous Serious Eats piece about stocking your bar - with bourbon. (What else do you need, really, except for maybe a bottle of gin?) I am loving all these recommendations, especially the ones for tasty, complex bourbons that don't break the bank. (And, of course, for the ones that do, but are totally worth it.)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin