Saturday, April 11, 2009

Branching out.

I'm not really terribly gifted when it comes to gardening - but I don't kill everything I touch, either. Over the last couple of years, I've become braver and bolder when it comes to choosing and growing my herbs, and this year will, I think, be the best year yet!

Last week, I visited the Greenmarket with my friend Cristin to pick out my herbs for the year, and this morning I re-potted them - now all that's left to do is water and spritz them regularly, and make sure that they get plenty of that New York sunlight.

I branched a little out of my usual thyme-basil-sage trinity this year, adding some lemon basil, lemon thyme (which smells absolutely insane) and chervil (which I can never, ever find at the grocery store) to the mix.

Wish me luck!
From left to right, we have sage, sweet basil, lemon basil, chervil, thyme, lemon thyme.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin