Monday, May 16, 2011

Here we go, a-marketing.

The greenmarket is approaching full bloom, folks! This weekend I snagged French breakfast radishes, ramps, eggs, peonies, lilies of the valley, asparagus, spinach, cucumbers, red bell peppers and tomatoes. (Those last three are greenhouse-grown, but still local. What can I say? I'm desperate for a preview of summer.)

Fiddleheads were on offer, too. Gorgeous, no?

And lilacs. So many lilacs. The market was fairly carpeted with lilacs. I resisted in favor of my always-and-forever peonies, but I couldn't help pausing to take in a long, deep sniff. (My market shopping bags are courtesy of Baggu, and I love them beyond measure.)

2 comments:

Alison said...

My lilacs are just coming into bloom up here in VT...you are right, that smell is pure heaven. But nothing beats peonies...LOVE the shopping bags!

Meg Blocker said...

I bought two bunches of peonies for the apartment, and they're still going strong! Nothing is more beautiful than a lush, open peony. Nothing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin