Monday, May 16, 2011

Here we go, a-marketing.

The greenmarket is approaching full bloom, folks! This weekend I snagged French breakfast radishes, ramps, eggs, peonies, lilies of the valley, asparagus, spinach, cucumbers, red bell peppers and tomatoes. (Those last three are greenhouse-grown, but still local. What can I say? I'm desperate for a preview of summer.)

Fiddleheads were on offer, too. Gorgeous, no?

And lilacs. So many lilacs. The market was fairly carpeted with lilacs. I resisted in favor of my always-and-forever peonies, but I couldn't help pausing to take in a long, deep sniff. (My market shopping bags are courtesy of Baggu, and I love them beyond measure.)

3 comments:

Alison said...

My lilacs are just coming into bloom up here in VT...you are right, that smell is pure heaven. But nothing beats peonies...LOVE the shopping bags!

Meg Blocker said...

I bought two bunches of peonies for the apartment, and they're still going strong! Nothing is more beautiful than a lush, open peony. Nothing.

Anonymous said...


When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style.BY the way, Looking for Louis Vuitton handbags at less price and still want to look trendy? Try our Louis Vuitton trendy replica Trendy Replica Handbags for Less price and make your dream true.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin