Saturday, January 2, 2010

Queenie's Treasury

Welcome to the first Treasury of 2010, guys! I hope you enjoy the tidbits I've gathered here for you today. I'm spending most of my day cleaning the apartment, packing up the decorations and generally getting ready to go back to work on Monday after two crazy weeks off. At some point, I have to do laundry. Sigh. But, in the meantime...

This week the New York Times had a fun story on the resurgence of the bar cart. Driven in equal parts by the cocktail revival and the vintage obsession fueled by Mad Men, it's one of the best decor comebacks ever, in my opinion. I'm on the lookout for a small version, preferably no more than 20 inches wide, to tuck in next to my Expedit bookcase. Any ideas?

Asian Jewish Deli, one of my favorite foodblogs (not least for the incredible photography) recently spent a week cooking from the new Momofuku cookbook. Ramen, banh mi, pork buns, Fuji apple salad...all tackled, and all gorgeous. If you're curious about how the book measures up, you must read this series of posts.

Finally, a little shelter blog action for you. The Little Big House is a blog about three sisters (one of them an architect, one a photographer) who've bought a Greek Revival fixer-upper in the Catskills. It's a renovation blog, yes, but also features great style and decor tips along with stories of plaster and sheetrock. As someone who's been eyeing property upstate herself, I have to say I'm hooked!

2 comments:

Melkorka said...

Thank you so much for the shout out! I'm so happy to find your blog it is right up my alley - photos of delectable burgers, molten chocolate cakes and donuts and pork sandwiches? SOLD! looking forward to reading your blog - cheers!

Meg Blocker said...

Of course! I love your blog - Greek Revival is one of my favorite architectural styles, and it's so fun to watch your journey!

I'm glad you're enjoying QTM - and if pork sandwiches and cake are your thing, you can count on lots of more good times in the future!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin