Saturday, April 10, 2010

Queenie's Treasury

Happy Saturday, folks! It's a blustery day here in New York, and I've just returned from a chilly trip to Union Square for my weekly provisions (Including ramps, mais oui!). I've just begun a 10-day staycation (more on that later), and I can't wait to get to it. Before that, though, it's time for this week's edition of the Treasury!

First up, the coolest house tour I've seen in quite a while: impeccably styled, modern dollhouses, courtesy of the New York Times. If you can't afford a houseful of full-size mid-century furniture, why not go the miniature route?

Next, a nerdy delight for food and language lovers alike! Food52 has begun publishing food crosswords by puzzle-maker Michelle Humes. They're pretty fun, and far easier than the Times' Friday puzzle. Brush up on your culinary trivia and dive in!

Finally, another house tour (life-size, this time). This one is of the most adorable houseboat you've ever seen. Josie Curran and her husband share this boat in Hampton Court in southwest London. It's pretty amazing; I'd live there in a heartbeat, and not just because it's in one of my most favorite cities on earth.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin