Saturday, April 24, 2010

Queenie's Treasury

Happy Saturday, everyone! I spent my morning down at the Union Square Greenmarket, and returned home with quite a haul (potted herbs for my windowsill, asparagus, ramps, eggs, chives, potatoes). Before I head back out into the sunshine to run some errands, it's time for this week's Treasury!

First, a look at a gorgeous apartment in Bruges, widely regarded as Belgium's most picturesque town. The 17th-century house overlooks a canal, and is absolutely beautiful. I think the master bedroom nestled in the beamed eaves may be my favorite part. (Ignore the stuffed dogs, please.)
Next, these adorable ceramic baskets, which are modeled after the cardboard and paper varieties you see in markets all summer long. Imagine them piled high with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries or lemons. Gorgeous, right? I collect white ceramics, and these are going on my wish list, immediately. (Via the incomparable Creature Comforts.)

Finally, from Pink of Perfection, a recipe for a spring ragout of vegetables that looks absolutely too-licious. Radishes, snow peas, asparagus and herbs galore are enriched by butter, mustard and Parmesan cheese. Sounds like my kind of vegetables.

2 comments:

eM said...

I am so disappointed that the home in Bruges is not a vacation rental... boo.

Meg Blocker said...

I know! Wouldn't it be the perfect spot to spend a long weekend?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin