Thursday, April 1, 2010

Rich, gooey goodness - from a truck.

Last weekend, I was walking home from the subway when I passed the Street Sweets truck. I'd been fancying a bit of something sweet, maybe chocolate, and I spied a few fudgey brownies in the display case. I queued up behind a woman who spent a not inconsiderable amount of time choosing an Easter bunny, and then it was my turn.

Service at the truck was great, and I was especially impressed when they asked whether I wanted a brownie from the corner, middle or edge of the pan. Preferring a high fudge-to-crumble ratio, I of course asked for a middle piece. The crew placed my brownie in a little paper bag sealed with an adorable, giant sticker, and I set off home to enjoy my booty.

The brownie was delicious. In fact, I'd venture to say that it was almost as good as the brownies my mother makes, and that's high praise indeed. It was dark and rich, full of good chocolate flavor. The crust on top was minimally crumbly, and there were no nuts to get in the way of the chocolate. (Those of you who like nuts in your brownies? You're just...wrong. Sorry to be the one to break it to you. Kisses!)

I'd definitely go back - and I wouldn't mind trying one of the filled brioches, either. No, sirree.

Street Sweets
Check Twitter for Locations

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin