Sunday, November 7, 2010

Queenie's Treasury

Many apologies for the lateness of this Treasury post, my dears. I've been in Florida for the past two days, visiting with my family and celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday! I haven't forgotten about you, though, and I have some lovely bits and pieces to share. So let's get to it, shall we?

First up, something you may have seen pinging around the blogosphere recently: the funny, pretty, smart new collection of graphics depicting the differences between two of my very favorite places. It's called Paris vs. New York, and it is awesome. Bagel/baguette, Carrie/Amelie...the contrasts go on from there. Add this one to your RSS feed for a guaranteed smile every single day.

Next up, some more graphic design wonder. Daily Drop Cap is a fantastic series of gorgeously designed capital letters - just perfect for kicking off a blog post - from the typographer Jessica Hische. Jessica stopped posting caps for a while, which made me sad, but she is now back on the job, which makes me happy. Her latest "S," which appears as a snaking spiral of cigarette smoke, is pretty amazeballs.

Last, a little something for the wishlist: black geode drop earrings designed by Margaret Elizabeth. I think these would be the perfect go-to earring for the winter. A little sparkly, but not too, and a little dramatic, but not too. I love these in ways inappropriate and lustful, and I'm not sure how long I can hold out and keep myself from buying them. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin