Sunday, November 21, 2010

Queenie's Treasury

Happy weekend, folks! I know, I know - the weekend's almost over. I'm so sorry this post is late; I've been sick with a bad chest cold this week, and hadn't been keeping up with the internet's loveliness. However, I spent some time this morning cruising around, and I think I've found a few cool things to share, so let's get to it!

First up, a cozy camp wedding from the folks at Poppies & Posies (via OnceWed). I absolutely love the mix of tartan, faux bois and jewel tones. And the hot chocolate at each place setting? Genius! And, yes, it's a photo shoot styled as a wedding, but there are some seriously easy and seriously gorgeous Thanksgiving table setting ideas on display, too.

Next up, the incredibly wonderful, cozy and slightly chaotic apartment belonging to Kate & Andy Spade, which is currently featured on The Selby. The design magnate duo have built empires, but haven't neglected to create an equally impressive home. The colors, the textures...the fireplace. I practically ooze jealousy looking at it.

Online magazines are seriously taking off, and though I think the medium still has some maturing to do, I'm seriously excited by how they're helping to fill the gap created in my life by the shuttering of Gourmet and Domino. The latest is Matchbook, co-founded by the bloggers Katie Armour and Jane Lilly Warren. I love both of their blogs, so I'm anxiously awaiting the magazine's first issue, due out January 2011. (Sign up to receive updates over here.) Good luck, ladies!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Thanks so much for your support of Matchbook – we can't wait to share our features with you! Have a lovely Thanksgiving! xx,Jane

Blog Widget by LinkWithin