Saturday, February 12, 2011

Queenie's Treasury

It's only 1:30 on Saturday afternoon, and already I've had a productive weekend. This bodes well for my week, don't you agree? While I sit here patting myself on my back for my efficiency, let's spend a little time on frivolity, shall we?


Joanne Mattera paints beautiful, textile-inspired works on both paper and canvas.  I'm particularly smitten with the madras paintings, and especially enjoy Joss 43, with its drips and dribbles. Like madras fabric itself, the colors and pattern just scream "summer," don't they? (Discovered via Frolic.)


Dana Tanamachi is a graphic designer who works for one of my absolute favorite firms, Louise Fili Ltd. Her posters are lovely and wonderful, but it's her chalk art that has my mouth hanging all agape right now. As is clear from my blog header, I love a good chalkboard, and her work is absolutely smashing.  She's available for all sorts of events, so if ephemeral artistry is your thing, give her a shout!


I've been hankering for a gold watch recently, and I'm particularly enamored of L.L. Bean's version, which is part of their schmancy new Signature line. It has such a lovely, vintage feel to it, and seems like it has that nice menswear vibe without actually being too overwhelmingly large for my freakishly small hands.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin